[CentOS] yum relocatable RPMs

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sun Aug 26 18:49:04 UTC 2012

On 08/26/12 6:51 AM, Rita wrote:
> I dont have root access but I would like to install several packages (gtk)
> in my home directory. Is it possible to install it via yum ?

no.  rpm installed packages have to be listed in the system catalogs so
package management can keep track of them.   have your system manager
install them, or build your own from tarballs specifying to install in
your home dir (typically a --prefix= option on ./configure, but that
heavily depends on the package and how its built).