[CentOS] Deduplication data for CentOS?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 18:41:37 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 3:03 AM, Rainer Traut <tr.ml at gmx.de> wrote:

> Rsync is of no use for us. We have mainly big Domino .nsf files which
> only change slightly. So rsync  would not be able to make many hardlinks. :)

Rdiff-backup might work for this since it stores deltas.   Are you
doing something to snapshot the filesystem during the copy or are
these just growing logs where consistency doesn't matter?

I'd probably look at freebsd with zfs on a machine with a boatload of
ram if I needed dedup in the filesystem right now.   Or put together
some scripts that would copyand split the large files to chunks in a
directory and let backuppc take it from there.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com