[CentOS] CUPS driver for an HP LJ M602?

Keith Roberts keith at karsites.net
Tue Aug 28 19:53:07 UTC 2012

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> From: m.roth at 5-cent.us
> Subject: [CentOS] CUPS driver for an HP LJ M602?
>
> We just got two of these HP LJ M602 "enterprise" printers in, and I'm
> trying to work out what driver/ppd. The model's not listed in the current
> - does anyone know what might work for it? I really don't want to have to
> install hplips on 140 or 150 systems....

Hi Mark.

According to this page:

http://hplipopensource.com/hplip-web/models/laserjet/hp_laserjet_600_m602.html

Network printing is supported.

I thought you only needed to install the printer drivers on
the machine the printer is physically connected to, and all
the other machines (including Windows boxes) would be able
to print over the LAN to these CUPS printer?

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net