[CentOS] CentOS 6.3 - KDE login screen configuration problems

Scot P. Floess sfloess at nc.rr.com
Sun Dec 2 17:53:19 UTC 2012

Sorry, I was definitely wrong.  Was away from my computer when I responded
:)

As root, simply create /etc/sysconfig/desktop.  You will want this in that
file:

DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE

It's as simple as executing this as root:

echo "DISPLAYMANAGER=KDE" > /etc/sysconfig/desktop

I think you may need to reboot once the file is complete - but init 5 may
also do the trick...