[CentOS] KDE login screen configuration problems

Mike Watson

mikew at crucis.net
Thu Dec 6 17:53:38 UTC 2012

Sorry to be so slow in responding. I've done what you suggested. I created
/etc/sysconfig/desktop
 and entered "$DISPLAYMANAGER=KDM". I rebooted but there was no change. GDM is still being used.

Any other suggestions?

mw

change GDM to KDM. This would then enable the KDE login screen instead
of the default Gnome.

However, when I checked my CentOS 6.3 system, there was no such file, no
/etc/sysconfig/desktop. I've not been able to find any method to enable
KDE login in 6.3. The method mentioned in the earlier reply was for
CentOS 5, not 6.

Any further suggestions?

mw

  -- William Kershner