[CentOS] courier mail for Centos

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 19:30:40 UTC 2012

On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 1:25 PM, John R. Dennison <jrd at gerdesas.com> wrote:

>> I always have ignored turning off the firewall; it is not hard in Gnome
>> to alter basic firewall behaviour and allow for ports like 576 (or
>> whatever that SMTP port is; not looking it up right now).
>>
>> In the past, turning selinux to permissive was my first step in setup,
>> followed by moving SSH's port. Now I leave it as is and learn how to use
>> semanage.
>
> What an absolute lovely breath of fresh air :)  Someone that actually
> takes their job seriously and makes use of the tools provided.  This is
> so refreshing from the normal selinux-related nonsense that pervades the
> world.

Sorry to burst your bubble here, but note that this is from a guy that
says he hasn't changed things in years.   The 'normal' selinux
reaction to problems is not nonsense, just real life when you have a
bunch of people trying to do new things and a tool that is designed to
restrict them.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com