[CentOS] awk awk

Steve Brooks steveb at mcs.st-and.ac.uk
Fri Dec 7 00:23:39 UTC 2012

> Why are you doing all that piping and grepping? And the -F" " confuses
> me...oh, I see. First, whitespace is the default field separator in awk.
> Then, are you asking if there's a line with a "." in it, or just any
> non-whitespace? If the latter... mmm, I see, you *really* don't understand
> awk.

Ok Mark very nice of you to help Craig. He does not claim to be an expert
in "awk" or even competent ---> Which is obviously why he is asking for
help in the first place. No need for the sarcasm and to belittle the
poster. Remember lots of people looking for help will be directed to this
answer and your help could be much appreciated....

Regards,

Steve