[CentOS] Questions on making a kickstart cfg

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Dec 7 19:57:02 UTC 2012

Robert Moskowitz wrote on Fri, 07 Dec 2012 14:28:46 -0500:

> To NOT use firstboot, what do I have to add to the kickstart beyond

firstboot --disable

Maybe I didn't understand your question?

> user --name=something  --password=somethingstrong

-> rootpw --iscrypted

(you can grab it from an existing .shadow file)

Here's what I have in my files (this is still from Centos 5). Specifics
removed.

install
text
reboot
url --url ftp://...
lang ...
keyboard ...
network ...
rootpw --iscrypted ...
authconfig --enableshadow --enablemd5
firewall --disable
selinux --disabled
firstboot --disable
timezone --utc ...
bootloader --location=mbr --driveorder=...
services --disabled ...
partitioning stuff (clearpart, part, volgroup, logvol)

%packages --nobase --excludedocs

@core
..add packages...

%post