[CentOS] yum --security not detecting security updates

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 16:53:06 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Terry <td3201 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are running CentOS 5.5 on a server that is not reporting any
> security updates:
> [root at server01 ~]# yum -y --security check-update

This feature (yum --security) has not been implemented and CentOS
developers are working on it. See the thread on the mailing list:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2012-August/008675.html

the last post from Karanbir Singh was on Oct 3. Here is a partial quote:

    I've been testing the yum-security stuff at this end and still have a
    few issues to work out ( mostly involves reading AUP's and T&C's from
    various places to make sure the metadata being consumed does not violate
    anything )

Hope this helps,

Akemi