[CentOS] yum install make does not work

Marcin Lage marcin.lage at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 20:06:33 UTC 2012

I'm not sure, but maybe you have to set priorities among their repositories. I
have also configured repositories "rpmforge" and "EPEL" on my system, and to
avoid conflicts between packages from these repositories with packages from
default repositories, I install the "plugin priorities" - yum install yum
-priorities.
Then configure the files of repositories:
[rpmforge.repo] - priority = 1
[epel.repo] - priority = 2

Perhaps this lack of precedence between repositories, please discard the
search for yum package within the repository @ Base.Or you can try disabling
repositories: EPEL and rpmforge.

I'm sorry, my english is bad.