[CentOS] yum vs. freenx

Chris Beattie cbeattie at geninfo.com
Wed Dec 19 21:47:03 UTC 2012

On 12/19/2012 4:22 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:
> need yet another way to connect - I'm looking for something to either
> improve my memory (unlikely...) or to keep the freenx package update
> from breaking the connection in progress when I forget and run it
> there.

How about a shell alias for yum which prints a reminder about FreeNX and
waits several seconds before starting yum to give you a chance to CTRl-C
it first?

Having the alias detect whether you're within a FreeNX session before
actually running yum would be a neat trick, but is beyond my ability to
script (if it's even possible).

--
-Chris