[CentOS] NFSv4 on CentOS 5.5

Tim Gustafson

tjg at soe.ucsc.edu
Fri Dec 21 23:33:59 UTC 2012

Hi,

What is the magic juju that I have to put in /etc/sysconfig/autofs to
get autofs to default to using NFSv4, rather than NFSv3, for mounting
file systems?

I don't want to place these flags into the automount maps themselves
because we have a varied network with Sun, CentOS, RedHat and
Macintosh systems, and the flags that have to get added to automount
maps (which we distribute centrally through LDAP) are different for
each OS.  So, I'd prefer to specify the local machine options in
/etc/sysconfig/autofs rather than in the global automount map.

Thanks!

--

Tim Gustafson
tjg at soe.ucsc.edu