[CentOS] Excluding file systems from autorelabel

James A. Peltier

jpeltier at sfu.ca
Wed Dec 26 09:05:50 UTC 2012

I'm trying to find a way to exclude file systems during the autorelabel process.  I have a file system (/exports) that has tens of millions of files on it and I *know* I don't want it relabeled.

I've tried semanage fcontext -a -t "<<none>>" "/exports(/.*)?" and it seems to insist on relabeling that file system.  I also tried to see if there was a /.autorelabel_exclude option as I saw some patches but can't seem to find indication of them anywhere (perhaps I missed it).  I really need to make sure that I can exclude these massive directories if at all possible.

Any help?

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier

"The smartest people are constantly revising their understanding, reconsidering a problem they thought they’d already solved. They’re open to new points of view, new information, new ideas, contradictions, and challenges to their own way of thinking." - Jeff Bezos