[CentOS] Where is timezone string stored?

Robert Moskowitz

rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Dec 27 20:17:26 UTC 2012

I am having problems with RoundCube:

'Your session is invalid or expired'

So I went looking for logs and in /var/log/roundcube/errors I find LOTS
of warnings about problems with my timezone.  Kind of a challenge to
copy the log entries over here (will do if needed).

Anyway, for right now I am looking as to where my 'Detroit
American/New_York' (what I am seeing in Gnomes calendar preferences)
string is stored.

Roundcube seems to want 'America/New_York'?

Shouldn't I be seeing 'America/Detroit' when I look at the calendar
selection in Gnome?