[CentOS] Live CD iso

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Sat Dec 29 05:04:47 UTC 2012

On 12/28/2012 3:21 PM, James Freer wrote:
> You mean the bin DVD. Thing is with the DVD they are big for broadband
> download. I think i'd buy one. But i appreciate your advice.

unless your broadband is metered, or really slow (and then should it be
called broadband?), 4GB or whatever is really not that big of a deal.  a
few hours, perhaps.

> One thing i did learn with linux when i first started is that it's
> essential to have a spare PC to test a distro on first - then one can...

or install it as a VM under VirtualBox or whatever.   Thats certainly
how *I* test stuff, and indeed, I put 16GB ram into my latest desktop PC
just so I can run several substantial VMs as needed.