[CentOS] How to setup a computer using CentOS6 as a firewall for the whole network in my place?

Thu Feb 23 22:54:35 UTC 2012
Ljubomir Ljubojevic <office at plnet.rs>

On 02/23/2012 11:31 PM, Wuxi Ixuw wrote:
> Hello
> in one of the emails I sent earlier ; mark (m.roth at 5-cent.us) mentioned:
>
>>      install linux on a computer with two ethernet cards.  connect eth0 to
>>      your internet connection, and eth1 to your local network.   configure
>>      iptables firewall rules in the linux system.  or install pfsense on that
>>      same computer.
>
> Please if any one can help with more details and example for the
> configuration that would be awesome.
>
> Thanks

I would use Shorewall instead of regular firewall. And there is Webmin
module for Shorewall. If you protect Webmin properly (like only
localhost access) it can help you greatly with simple configuration.

Shorewall even supports "tc", bandwidth shaping.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...