[CentOS] squirrelmail for 6.2

Giles Coochey giles at coochey.net
Wed Feb 1 14:24:32 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-01 13:21, B.J. McClure wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-01 at 15:09 +0200, Nikos Gatsis - Qbit wrote:
>
>> Hello list.
>> I have install centos-release-6-2.el6.centos.7.x86_64 and I cant
>> find
>> squirrelmail.
>> Does any know why?
>
> Check epel repo.
>
> squirrelmail-1.4.22-2.el6.noarch : webmail client written in php

It may be available on the epel repo, but as it is just a bunch of
php's put into a webfile I tend to just get the tarball and configure
Apache/PHP to run it.
Does the rpm have any features beyond that? Patches / Plugins?

Squirrelmail has been fraught with issues in the past that allowed
spammers to use it to relay email. It may have been the fault of PHP, I
can't honestly remember. In any case 1.4.22 is the latest stable
version, so you should be ok to use the rpm in that repo for the time
being.

--
Message sent via my webmail account.