[CentOS] Configuration Compliance auditing for many CentOS 5.x boxes

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 00:26:09 UTC 2012

On Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 6:04 PM, Kwan Lowe <kwan.lowe at gmail.com> wrote:

> For the basic package setup, Spacewalk or Satellite can track the versions
> and allow you to lock the package set. There are also existing scripts that
> wrap variations of an 'rpm -qVa' and send the reports back.

Ocsinventory-ng will send a hardware and software inventory to a
central server daily - with agents for both Linux and windows.  It
will pick up the installed rpms but you'd have to extend it to look
for local config changes.

Is anyone looking at salt instead of puppet yet?  http://saltstack.org/

--
   Les Mikesell