[CentOS] postfix - reject of incoming mail due to helo check??

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 16:22:06 UTC 2012

On 02/02/12 21:08, Rob Kampen wrote:
> On 02/03/2012 06:35 AM, Ned Slider wrote:
>>>>
> I think this will allow the mail through - but when I look at my logs
> just in the last week we have over 5400 rejects due to unknown client
> and only 24 of these are from this client  - all the rest are junk.

Correct. I simply identified the problem and made a recommendation to
fix it (i.e, prevent it from happening). As I said before there are more
reliable ways to block spam than relying on correctly configured/working
upstream DNS.

<snip>

> Final question for the list - does anyone use "reject_unknown_client" -
> it has given me the most grief with legitimate clients that have poorly
> administered domains.

Hence my recommendation to remove it. But it's your server and your mail
flow, ymmv :-)