[CentOS] schily tools

Keith Keller kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us
Mon Feb 6 23:48:02 UTC 2012

On 2012-02-06, Alan McKay <alan.mckay at gmail.com> wrote:

> Bam!  As an aside to my current line of questioning, I was looking for an
> excuse not to compress and you just gave it to me!  Yay!

afio is an archiver (available from third-party repos, not base) which
can compress yet still recover--it basically compresses each file
individually instead of compressing the entire archive, so the file
might be unrecoverable but the rest of the archive is still intact.
I use it for my tape backups (though your point of not knowing if
it'll fit on the tape is valid).

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us