[CentOS] my notes on bond, bridge, network, kvm, host and virtual so far

Bob Hoffman

bob at bobhoffman.com
Tue Feb 7 03:28:41 UTC 2012

I put this page together just so I won't spam the board anymore begging
for help..lol
http://bobhoffman.com/vmissue.html

This shows a working effort of bonded eths, bridged into a vm, and a few
other things.
The only missing thing is something on the host that ends up putting the
VM internet
connection into some kind of limbo.

Whether it is hardware related, bug related, libvirt nat related, I
don't know.
I will only post here on this issue again if it ever gets solved.
At this point the server is a no go and getting shelved until I can find
a tech
that knows this stuff and can fix it.

right now: unsolvable.

I may just put some websites on the host computer until I can find a
reliable way of
keeping the virtual guest connection 100% up.

Hope this helps someone wanting to bridge or bond.

bob