[CentOS] my notes on bond, bridge, network, kvm, host and virtual so far

Bob Hoffman bob at bobhoffman.com
Tue Feb 7 09:30:28 UTC 2012

well, had to add something to it.

I found out I was having an issue with the addon ethernet card (e1000)
'link detected no'
and it not working. Took it out? Yep? Work? No.....

However, I did add a second vm and something interesting is happening....

one vm stays up, one will crash...the one that stays does not die.

I am thinking that the vnet0 that comes up is messed up and I need to
reset it somehow.
Or...something else....but one staying up while other goes down is
rather odd.

very strange.