[CentOS] bug in repo affecting perl

Blake Hudson

blake at ispn.net
Mon Feb 13 20:57:03 UTC 2012

I seem to running into the following bug when attempting to perform a
yum update: http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=5322

I have been skipping perl to move on. However, I am unable to update
perl to the latest i386 release due to what appears to be a mistake in
the centOS repo.

The CentOS mirrors have the following:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/i386/CentOS/perl-5.8.8-32.el5_6.3.i386.rpm
http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/os/x86_64/CentOS/perl-5.8.8-32.el5_6.3.x86_64.rpm

http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/updates/i386/RPMS/perl-5.8.8-32.el5_7.6.i386.rpm
http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/updates/x86_64/RPMS/perl-5.8.8-32.el5_7.6.x86_64.rpm

*http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/5/extras/x86_64/RPMS/perl-5.8.8-32.el5_6.3.i386.rpm*
???

When I run a "yum list perl" or "yum update perl.i386" all I see is
5.8.8-32.el5_6.3 in the extras repo. It seems like this file shouldn't
even exist. If I disable the repo my yum finds nothing for the i386
release of perl, even though the RPM is present in the updates directory.

Could a maintainer of the repository please put some emphasis on this 2
month old bug?

Thanks,
--Blake