[CentOS] anyone else having flash trouble?

fred smith fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Thu Feb 16 14:00:08 UTC 2012

On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 07:50:11AM +0000, Jake Shipton wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Feb 2012 22:36:14 -0500
> fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us> wrote:
>
> > On my centos 5.7 system, using Firefox 10.1, suddenly flash videos
> > have stopped working, like, today. they worked yesterday. Now all I
> > get is an error message that the flash plugin has crashed, reload
> > page and try again.
> >
> > strangely, my centos-6 machine using the same firefox and the same
> > flash plugin works fine.
> >
> > Clues?
> >

> Hi there,
>
> I had a similar issue to this a while back on a Fedora box, I found out
> it was not flash plugin or firefox causing the issue, it turned out
> that it was the proprietary Nvidia driver that I was using. So if you
> are using Nvidia driver, it might be worth looking into. My issue was
> resolved by updating the driver.
>
> Your issue may be different, but I thought I would mention it just in
> case :-).

Yes, I'm using the nvidia driver bundle from Nvidia's web site. but
then I ALWAYS have been (this machine is something like 3 years old).
However, I did update it recently, I'll have to see if I can figure
out exactly when that was (less than a week...), and maybe reinstall
the one I had previously.

thanks for the hint!

                       I can do all things through Christ
                              who strengthens me.