[CentOS] System reboots automatically more or less every two days

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Feb 23 15:08:57 UTC 2012

fabio.pugnaghi at tiscali.it wrote:

> I have a problem with CentOS 6.2.
>
> On December 2011 I installed CentOS 6.1 on a HP ProLiant DL 165 G7
> server.
>
> Recentely I upgraded to CentOS 6.2 but at reboot the system didn't
> startup. So I removed new kernel kernel-2.6.32-220.4.2.el6 and CentOS

You say the system didn't come up - how far did it get? How did you remove
the newer kernel?

Personally, I'm moving as fast as I can to get *rid* of the 220.2 kernel,
with its constant, irregular crash dumps with traces that all start with
warn_slowpath.

Is the server on a UPS?

> was again able to startup with original kernel-2.6.32-71.el6.x86_64. But
> now every two days the system automatically reboots as you can see
> below:

Looks to me as though its randomly rebooting several times a day. I'd
seriously wonder about hardware or power problems.
<snip>
           mark