[CentOS] Please I'd like to install 2 websites on my un managed VPS on CentOS6

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Thu Feb 23 21:10:14 UTC 2012

Wuxi Ixuw wrote:
> And do I need a recent computer for the linux one or an old one can do so?
> I mean something like Pentium 4 or Pentium D may fits?
>
> On 23/02/2012 10:58 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
>> On 02/23/12 12:47 PM, Wuxi Ixuw wrote:
>>> Actually I read many times that geek people used to use a Linux
>>> computer
>>> as a firewall for their network but never figured out how they do so.
>> install linux on a computer with two ethernet cards.  connect eth0 to
>> your internet connection, and eth1 to your local network.   configure
>> iptables firewall rules in the linux system.  or install pfsense on that
>> same computer.

That's one of the beauties of Linux: unlike a competing "operating system"
which shall remain nameless (but is headquartered in Redmond, WA), it'll
run on pretty much *anything*. It will find more hardware errors...
because it uses the entire system much more efficiently. But if the
hardware's ok, it'll run for a *long* time. So, yes, anything you've got
should work.

        mark