[CentOS] System reboots automatically more or less every two days

Ljubomir Ljubojevic office at plnet.rs
Thu Feb 23 22:59:52 UTC 2012

On 02/23/2012 11:32 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Ljubomir Ljubojevic wrote:

>>> You say the system didn't come up - how far did it get? How did you
>>> remove the newer kernel?
>>>
>>> Personally, I'm moving as fast as I can to get *rid* of the 220.2
>>> kernel, with its constant, irregular crash dumps with traces that
>>> all start with warn_slowpath.
>>
>> I am unable to run anything later then
>> 2.6.32-220.2.1.el6.centos.plus.x86_64. Booting of 220.4.x just hangs. I
>> had no time to file a bug report, always something more pressing. But
>> will do it soon. 220.2.1 runs without a problem for weeks at the time
>> (always-on desktop).
>
> Out of curiosity, why CentOS plus, and not the std.?
>
>          mark

Past experience with 5.x is that additional kernel modules can come in
handy. Also there were always some optimizations or things that are
disabled by the upstream.

Regular 220.4.x kernel was first installed, but no dice with it. Then I
tried 220.4.x centosplus and still no dice.

--

Ljubomir Ljubojevic
(Love is in the Air)

trusty Spiderman...