[CentOS] LibreOffice rpm's vs Centos testing repo

nux at li.nux.ro nux at li.nux.ro
Mon Feb 27 17:10:49 UTC 2012

Ljubomir Ljubojevic writes:

> Those packages do not need to stay in testing repo. All that is
> necessary is for several people use packages from testing repo and
> report that they are working without issues to the Centos-devel mailing
> list in this thread:
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-devel/2011-September/008159.html ,
> and packages will be moved to Extras repo.

Hi,

Several people have tested this successfully. You can even get slightly
newer packages from here:
http://li.nux.ro/download/nux/libreoffice/el6/x86_64/ that Karanbir hasn't
yet got around to putting in testing (there's a *-release rpm there, too).
I would advise against using libeoffice.org supplied RPMs at this stage as
RHEL are also getting ready to release LO 3.4.5 in EL6 that will (hopefully)
gracefully upgrade my packages.