[CentOS] Software RAID1 with CentOS-6.2

Kahlil Hodgson kahlil.hodgson at dealmax.com.au
Wed Feb 29 01:57:05 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-02-28 at 20:30 -0500, Luke S. Crawford wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 11:27:53AM +1100, Kahlil Hodgson wrote:
> > Now I start to get I/O errors on printed on the console.  Run 'mdadm -D
> > /dev/md1' and see the array is degraded and /dev/sdb2 has been marked as
> > faulty.
>
> what I/O errors?

Good point :)  Okay, copied manually from the console:

end_request: I/O error, dev sda, sector 8690896
Buffer I/O error on device dm-0, logical block 1081344
JBD2: I/O error detected wen updating journal superblock for dm-0-8
end_request: I/0 error, dev sda, sector 1026056
etc

I gather device mapper and journal errors are caused by the preceding
low level error.

> Oh, and my experience?  both wd and seagate won't complain if you
> error on the side of 'when in doubt, return the drive'  - that's what I
> do.

Yeah, was hopping to avoid the delay though.  Its already sucked two
days of my time so I might just have to bite the bullet :-(

Cheers!

Kal