[CentOS] selinux context for mm-handler?

Paul Heinlein

heinlein at madboa.com
Wed Jan 4 22:37:01 UTC 2012

I've got a Mailman installation running on CentOS 4 that I'd like to
migrate to a CentOS 6 box.

My big obstacle at present is getting Mailman's mm-handler Perl
script to run as a Sendmail local mailer with SELinux enabled.

I've tried changing mm-handler's selinux context type a few times, but
nothing has resulted in success:

   context              result
   etc_mail_t           sendmail can't execute mm-handler
   mailman_mail_exec_t  mm-handler can't load perl modules
   bin_t                mm-handler can't read Mailman data
   sendmail_exec_t      mm-handler can't read Mailman data

I'm willing and able to whip up a local policy modification, but I
thought I'd ask if there's a standard solution to this problem; my
Google searches have so far proven ineffective at providing pointers
to an answer.