[CentOS] c6, LSI megaraid drive failure notification

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Thu Jan 5 19:53:38 UTC 2012

On 01/05/12 7:14 AM, Craig White wrote:
>> not having much  luck locating that megaclisas-status script
>> >
>> >  http://hwraid.le-vert.net/wiki/LSIMegaRAIDSAS  talks about it, but the
>> >  source is nowhere to be found
> ----
> It seems to me that the megaclisas-statusd is basically 2 script files, 1 in /usr/sbin and the other a sysv initscript and should be easily modifiable to run on CentOS instead of Debian/Ubuntu with the requirement that you would need to have megacli installed/running. I agree that I couldn't find any rpm's of the same.

indeed it does.   but I can't find those two scripts at the above site
or elsewhere.   I don't have any debian, and don't really want to have
to install it.

I spent about 2 hours with the code from
http://windowsmasher.wordpress.com/2011/08/15/using-megacli-to-monitor-openfiler-rev2/
but its badly broken, the blog seems to have trashed pythons
indentation, and while I fixed enough to get it working, its not working
right as its not listing any of the LD or PD's.