[CentOS] Mediatomb under CentOS-6

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Tue Jan 17 14:47:43 UTC 2012

Mark LaPierre wrote:

>> Are there reasonably simple instructions anywhere
>> for using mediatomb under CentOS?

> Try:
>
> http://mediatomb.cc/pages/documentation

Thanks for your response.

I had in fact read the article I get at that URL,
but it left me very little wiser.

It lists a billion options that one can give,
but as far as I can see there are no instructions anywhere
about how to run the program.

For example, I want to access a directory /Photos/ on my TV,
but I've no idea how to add this to the sqlite database,
if indeed one has to do this.
I can access the local web-page at 192.168.2.2:50500
but this does not help me.

Are you actually running mediatomb under CentOS?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net