[CentOS] mod_rails under Apache under Ceontos 6

Craig White craig.white at ttiltd.com
Mon Jan 30 18:00:03 UTC 2012

On Jan 30, 2012, at 10:12 AM, Boris Epstein wrote:

> Hello listmates,
>
> For some reason we don't seem to be able to launch a Ruby-on-rails
> application ( http://www.redmine.org/ ) on a CentOS 6 machine under Apache.
> Nor can I find a mod_rails as a separate package for it. Would anyone have
> any idea what we might be doing wrong?
----
mod rails is 'passenger' which is typically installed as a gem and then finished by executing the bind code (as root)

gem install passenger
passenger-install-apache2-module

but CentOS 6 might have a package that does this but it is certain to be out of date at any given time which makes the gem more suitable.

Craig