[CentOS] after last update google-chrome no runs anymore

Gary Trotcko

teegor38 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 3 14:21:45 UTC 2012

Hi all. I've updated google-chrome to recent version and it gets
unbooted, when I fired google-chrome up I got messages like these:
 /usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
 /usr/bin/google-chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /usr/bin/google-chrome)
 /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)
 /opt/google/chrome/chrome: /lib/libz.so.1: no version information
available (required by /opt/google/chrome/chrome)

I'm familiar with selinux bug[1] and my issue is similar for this, but
selinux in my system is completely disabled. I've opened issue at
chrome's bug tracker[2] but not recived conceived response yet. Is
anyone here who experienced the same problem?

$ google-chrome --version
 20.0.1132.47

$ cat /etc/centos-release
 CentOS release 6.2 (Final)