[CentOS] Best way to duplicate a live Centos 5 server?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Mon Jul 9 04:06:33 UTC 2012

On 07/08/12 8:20 PM, Phil Savoie wrote:
> Centos 5.8 and Centos 6.2 servers.  A duplicate disk is not what I am
> after as I cannot always replace with exact drives, i.e., same make,
> model, size, etc.

note that there's a lot of things where file by file, or even sector by
sector, duplicates are NOT valid if made while the system is online.

for instance, relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, you can't
just copy their files while the database server is running, as they rely
on writes being made in a specific order.