[CentOS] libre office

Hakan Koseoglu hakan at koseoglu.org
Wed Jul 11 12:12:47 UTC 2012

On 11 July 2012 13:06, Steve Clark <sclark at netwolves.com> wrote:
> I think it is more the fact the Oracle seems to be two faced in their dealings with foss as
> opposed to IBM.
So correct. Way back in 2001, in London I was there when IBM clearly
stated they are going to spend one billion on Linux on that year. They
did, all of us benefited, IBM got sued by SCO because of that (the
lawsuit was for $1b damages)... All I see from Oracle is talk and then
a bit of shafting and backstabbing. They do good work (OCFS2, some of
the PHP stuff, btrfs come to mind) and then they do some very ugly
stuff (undercutting TUV with the hope of... What exactly I haven't
figured out yet).

They do a great database product. I only wished they stuck to doing just that.