[CentOS] installing centos 6 on an old bird

Mark LaPierre marklapier at aol.com
Thu Jul 12 00:10:57 UTC 2012

On 07/11/2012 02:53 PM, Tim Dunphy wrote:
> Guys,
>
>   I've been trying to install centos 6.2, then 6.3 onto a supermicro 6013P-8
> which does not have a DVD rom drive. Those newer version of CentOS only
> have DVD (not CD) iso versions so I've been sharing the install via NFS.
>

> With each try the install hangs forever installing
> 'selinux-policy-targeted-3.7.19-154.el6.noarch'. How can I disable that
> feature and / or SE Linux altogether so that I can get CentOS 6 installed?
> I would of course install SE Linux once the box was up.
>
> I'd really appreciate some advice here.
>
> Thanks!
> Tim

Rip all the RPM files from the DVD.  Then share that directory on NFS
and install from that.  Leave out the problematic RPMs from the directory.

I used to do network installs from an NFS server just this way.  I had
several different distributions/versions shared on the NFS server.  You
could install any one of the shared distros that you wanted.

--
     _
    °v°