[CentOS] BCM4313 on CentOS 6.3

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 18:02:59 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 8:35 AM,  <ottop at lavabit.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a complete newbie in Linux and am trying to get my Broadcom BCM4313
> working in my Lenovo S10-3t netbook (CentOS 6.3 installed from LiveCD).
> I followed the steps in the wiki, which lead me to ELRepo: wl-kmod. I
> followed the instructions there until Step 2:
>
> $ mkdir -p ~/rpmbuild/{BUILD,RPMS,SPECS,SOURCES,SRPMS}
> $ echo -e "%_topdir $(echo $HOME)/rpmbuild\n%dist .el$(lsb_release -s
> -r|cut -d"." -f1).local" >> ~/.rpmmacros
>
> Then I got stuck with this message:
>
> bash: lsb_release: command not found

Are you referring to this ELRepo article?

http://elrepo.org/tiki/wl-kmod

It says, "yum install redhat-lsb". Also, if you follow the
instructions in there, you will NOT be building the module as root.
Mark has noted these points in his reply. So, please go through the
wiki carefully and try not to skip any steps.

Will you also show us the output returned by :

lspci -nn | grep -i net

I'd like to see the vendor:device pairing.

Akemi