[CentOS] Speedtest.mini on a local website?

Stephen Harris lists at spuddy.org
Tue Jul 17 22:06:42 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 11:25:54PM +0200, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I assumed that if I put speedtest.mini on a website
> then someone who accesses SpeedTest on the web-site
> will get the upload and download speeds of the machine hosting the website.
> Is that correct?

No.  It will tell you the upload/download speeds between the web client
and your web server.  If your client and webserver are on the same LAN
then you're testing your LAN speed.  If your client and webserver are
separated by the internet then you're testing the speed of the internet
links.

--

rgds
Stephen