[CentOS] kmod-nvidia?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Jul 20 15:06:02 UTC 2012

Andreas Rogge wrote:
> Am 20.07.2012 16:44, schrieb m.roth at 5-cent.us:
>> I just went to install kmod-nvidia on a 64-bit CentOS 6.2 system... and
>> enabling elrepo, yum can't find it. There's a page for it, but that was
>> last updated last year, and there are also references to packages for
>> older Nvidia cards, but not the current.
>>
>> What do I not know?
>>
> You seem to have missed the fact that Nvidia sucks :)

I have no control over Nvidia. It's a very popular maker of cards. Oh, and
the AMD/ATI is even more of a pain to get and install drivers....

> At least on our elrepo mirror site there are recent kmod-nvidia
> packages. The Package kmod-nvidia-295.59-1.el6.elrepo.x86_64.rpm is just
> a few days old.
> Maybe your yum configuration went bad?

Dunno why it would.
[elrepo]
name=ELRepo.org Community Enterprise Linux Repository - el6
baseurl=http://elrepo.org/linux/elrepo/el6/$basearch/
mirrorlist=http://elrepo.org/mirrors-elrepo.el6

And the same for testing, kernel, and extras. Did they change the
repository names?

     mark