[CentOS] Oracle tries to capture CentOS users

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Jul 20 17:30:06 UTC 2012

Fernando Cassia wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:48 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> Just one last question: if you think this highly of OUL, why are you
>> here?
>> Why haven't you gone to their lists?
<snip>
> I want to run both, and don't see the point of having any grudges
> against any particular distro. But hey, that's me.

Oh, as I read this, I was thinking, and realized I *do* have something
against OUL specifically: of commercial providers of Linux, Novell's SuSE
is their own distro. RHEL is their own distro. Oracle takes RHEL and
customizes it, rather than building it from the F/OSS components, the way
SuSE and RH do, and sells it as their distro. *That's* what frosts me.

      mark