[CentOS] kmod-nvidia?

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Jul 20 20:29:53 UTC 2012

Stephen Harris wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 03:48:43PM -0400, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
>> around. I did a yum clean all, then yum --enablerepo=elrepo list
>
> FWIW, that probably didn't do what you thought.
>
> On my machine I have EPEL configured, but disabled.

Yeah. As you saw, I only want to enable it for kmod-nvidia, since I don't
want to get anything else from there, resulting in conflicts with the
usual repos.
<snip>

> So you might need to do "yum --enablerepo=elrepo clean all" to flush
> your cache.

Ok. Just did that, and see
Cleaning repos: adobe-linux-i386 base cr dcb-CentOS-base dcb-CentOS-updates
              : dcb-rome elrepo epel extras rpmfusion-free-updates
              : rpmfusion-free-updates-testing rpmfusion-nonfree-updates
              : rpmfusion-nonfree-updates-testing updates

Then I do
yum --enablerepo=elrepo list \*nvidia\*
<...>
 * elrepo: mirror.symnds.com
<...>
elrepo                                                   | 1.9 kB     00:00
elrepo/primary_db                                        | 420 kB     00:00
<...>
And all I get is:
Available Packages
nvidia-x11-drv.x86_64                 295.59-1.el6.elrepo
elrepo

So I'm still where I was: I cannot figure out why I see nvidia-x11-drv,
and not the kmod itself.

Oh, well, I was just showing my manager the problem, and his reaction is
to ask whether it's worth wading through filelists.xml; he prefers I just
d/l the package(s) to our local repo, which is what I guess I'll have to
do, then write an automated script to rsync it every so often, maybe a
cron job....

Thanks anyway.

       mark

      mark