[CentOS] Oracle tries to capture CentOS users

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 02:42:50 UTC 2012

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 3:31 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
> Don't worry, just as soon as Oracle drives RH under, or buys them, they'll
> crank up the prices to higher than RH now -

I don' t think that would happen anytime soon. AFAIK if you check
distrowatch Oracle Linux ranks #50 and CentOS ranks #8.

Also, I read somewhere that ORCL has 8,000 paid custmers to their
Linux subscription.... hardly a major player still.
But like I said, the more competition wrt pricing the better.

FC