[CentOS] Fwd: Re: kmod-nvidia?

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 16:09:40 UTC 2012

On 23/07/12 15:48, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:

> And for the guy from the elrepo team, you'll note it was *not* an elrepo
> problem, which is what I'd suspected, unless the repodata file's changed
> since Friday.

It was a problem caused by *you* editing the default elrepo config file
and not understanding the implications and subsequent problems caused by
*your* changes. So you are correct that it was not an elrepo problem, it
was a "user" issue.

No one ever said it was an elrepo problem, it was noted that the elrepo
mailing list was a more appropriate place to deal with issues relating
to the elrepo.repo config file as this has absolutely nothing to do with
CentOS.

The point is that you would have been given the solution a lot quicker
if you had just posted the whole config file when you were asked rather
than waste everyone's time with your attitude.

Honestly, most people on this list are here to try to help you. It makes
it a *lot* easier to help people if they follow the instructions they
are given rather than try to second guess which information they should
provide.