[CentOS] su path hard coded?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 20:31:12 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Stephen Harris <lists at spuddy.org> wrote:

> That's never a reasonable solution for an enterprise distro; what happens
> at the next "yum update"? :-)

The reasonable solution is to live with the defaults...

> If the answer is "it's hard coded; nothing you can do" then I guess
> I'll have to live with it.  I'm hoping, though, that there's a better
> solution :-)

Hmmm, per 'man su' on a debian system,  you can override with ENV_PATH
(default /bin:/usr/bin) or (for root) ENV_SUPATH (default
/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin) /etc/login.defs.   Adding
/usr/local/bin must be an RH-specific patch.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com