[CentOS] system-config-network-tui not part of base install... wtf

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 14:55:07 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 11:50 AM, Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> Unfortunately, according to folks who have more knowledge than I do
> about these things, in later versions of Fedora, and therefore, probably
> the next version or so of RH, just manually editing
> sysconfig/network-scripts will overlook some necessary parts.
> system-config-network-tui may wind up becoming necessary.

Good news!.

My point is simple: I install the base config. I'm in text mode. I
need networking to work to install extra packages and begin setting up
my system, users, permissions, packages, etc. I have no problem doing
that manually AFTER I get the system up and running (and by "running"
I mean 'having network connectivity'). Having me edit config files
manually is an *annoyance*.

ONCE I get networking up and running. I have no problem editing config
files, because by then, with networking enabled, I'd have installed my
favorite tools (joe editor etc).

My point being that if the networking stack is part of the base OS
install, so should be system-config-network-tui

FC