[CentOS] system-config-network-tui not part of base install... wtf

Fernando Cassia fcassia at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 15:42:05 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:29 PM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> there is nothing wrong in CentOS or Fedora

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it's not a "problem". A
"problem" is a crashing kernel or buggy drivers.

My opinion after this experience is that it'd help for CentOS to
include system-config-network-tui as part of the base install. That is
my honest opinion about this experience. It'd have saved me from some
minor annoyance, albeit an annoyance nonetheless.

Just think the opposite: what would be the expense-damage of including
it as part of the base install?. Would it:

1. Break the OS
2. Make things easier for people who end up in the same situation I did.
3. Affect the balance of the Universe. ;)

Your choice. I think 2.

FC