[CentOS] kmod-nvidia?

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Jul 30 13:38:47 UTC 2012

On 07/20/2012 02:34 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Ned Slider wrote:
>>>             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>>> <snip>
>>>>
>>> See emphasized line, above, from previous email. ^^^^^^^^
>>
>> Please post the output from:
>>
>> cat /etc/yum.repos.d/elrepo.repo
>>
>> and
>>
>> yum list \*kmod-nvidia\*
>>
>> thanks.
> Y'know, I appreciate any and all help, but I'm beginning to feel those
> trying to help haven't actually *read* my previous posts. Jay suggested I
> do a yum clean all, when I already said I'd done that; Ned's asking for
> what the repo looks like, when I posted the top bit and said the rest of
> the entries were the same....
>
> Repeating my original post:
> ### Name: ELRepo.org Community Enterprise Linux Repository for el6
>
> [elrepo]
> name=ELRepo.org Community Enterprise Linux Repository - el6
> baseurl=http://elrepo.org/linux/elrepo/el6/$basearch/
> mirrorlist=http://elrepo.org/mirrors-elrepo.el6
> enabled=0
> gpgcheck=1
> gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-elrepo.org
> protect=0
> includepkgs=kmod-nvidia
>
> and the entries for elrepo-testing, elrepo-kernel, and elrepo-extras are
> the same.
>> PS - This query would really be better placed on the elrepo users
>> mailing lists rather than the general CentOS mailing lists.
> But the real question not about elrepo, which clearly *has* kmod-nvidia,
> but why yum can't find the repo, and that is on target for this list.

The problem is that you do not ONLY need kmod-nvidia ... you also need
"nvidia-x11-drv" from elrepo ... however, you only have
"includepkgs=kmod-nvidia" in your config, so the requirements of
"nvidia-x11-drv" can not be met.  If you add "nvidia-x11-drv" to your
includepkgs line, it should work fine.