[CentOS] Can,t get pam_mkhomedir to work...

James A. Peltier jpeltier at sfu.ca
Tue Jul 31 06:22:06 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
| On a ldap enabled CentOS 6.3 x64 system, I try to make it so home
| directories are auto-created. I added this :
|
| session     required      pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0077
|
| to my /etc/pam.d/system-auth
|
| And it does nothing. I restarted messagebus (I've seen references to
| that) and sshd, and logs don't mention anything in regards to
| pam_mkhomedir...
|
| Any hints ?

did you try running authconfig --enablemkhomedir --updateall

--
James A. Peltier
Manager, IT Services - Research Computing Group
E-Mail  : jpeltier at sfu.ca
Website : http://www.sfu.ca/itservices
          http://blogs.sfu.ca/people/jpeltier

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached
in life but as by the obstacles they have overcome. - Booker T. Washington