[CentOS] Postfix not reading main.cf

Adrian P. van Bloois

adrian at pa0rda.nl
Thu Jun 7 19:01:23 UTC 2012

Neil wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I just did a fresh install of CentOS 6.2 on a virtual server.
>
> I am trying to configure Postfix but it does not seem to be
> reading configuration directives from /etc/postfix/main.cf
>
> Here is what I did to test it:
> vi /etc/postfix/main.cf and set this directive:
> 	myorigin = hello.world.com
> postfix reload
> postconf -d | grep myorigin
>
> I get this output:
> append_at_myorigin = yes
> myorigin = $myhostname
>
> Any ideas why it is not picking up the configuration?
>
> Thanks,
>   Neil

What you should do is run postconf without paramaters to a file and
inspect that. In my case e.g. myorigin is set to $mydomain, but mydomain
is set to the correct value.

Good lcuk

	Adrian

--
	Adri P. van Bloois
	Antonlaan 104		email:	adrian at pa0rda.nl
	3701 VG Zeist		voice:	+31-(0)-30-6912741
	The Netherlands		fax:	NONE

52 05'15.77"N 5 4'44.56"E
QTH-locater	 JO 22 OC

The whole point of cooking is to get as much flavour out of the
ingredients as possible.
	-- Delia Smith

believed to be clean.